Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Hello and Welcome!


Hello, my name is Lacey. In 2010 I was in a car accident that left me disabled at 31. I did not find out until a year after that I have R.S.D.S. or Reflux Sympathetic Dystrophy Syndrome. This syndrome also has another name, C.R.P.S. or Chronic Reactive Pain Syndrome. I prefer to call the syndrome by it's first name, R.S.D., and will do so throughout this blog. No matter what you call it, it is painful and can be quite ugly. Some people who have RSD have had their limbs turn black and have had to amputate. I am one of the lucky ones, however, to look at me you would not know anything was wrong. I try to hide my facial expressions and the urges to scream at the top of my lungs when I am out in public. On the really bad days, I simply do not leave the house. Unfortunately this is not healthy. The only way I could think of to keep myself from going insane inside my own head was to get it out; but I didn't just want to write it down and stash it away for no one to learn from. As cliche as it sounded, I needed to blog. Someone out there is willing to let me vent and explain the horrible different pains of RSD. So here it is, I hope you find my story enlightening and entertaining.

No comments:

Post a Comment